Joanna is a seasoned and aggressive litigation attorney, and is the Senior Associate at Inman & Tourgee. She joined the firm in 2014 after years of experience practicing civil, criminal, and family law in both Rhode Island and Massachusetts.
Joanna has successfully represented thousands of individual and corporate clients across all types of legal matters, and is skilled at using all avenues, including litigation, mediation, arbitration, and negotiation to achieve her clients' goals. Some of her most impressive accomplishments as an attorney include:
- Helping Inman & Tourgee achieve a $1.3 million personal injury settlement on behalf of an injured motorcyclist;
- Successfully defending numerous family law clients against DCYF charges which threatened to take away the clients' parental rights;
- Working on a criminal defense trial team which helped achieve a not guilty jury verdict on behalf of a client accused of attempted murder and who faced life imprisonment; and
- Facilitating the multimillion dollar sale of a corporation.
Since 2016, Joanna has also served as the Assistant Solicitor for the Town of Foster, Rhode Island, in which capacity she has successfully prosecuted criminal offenders, addressed zoning, planning, and land use issues, and rendered legal opinions for the Town Council.
Joanna is a graduate of Roger Williams University School of Law (J.D. with honors 2007); Roger Williams University (B.A. with honors 2004); and LaSalle Academy (2000). At Inman & Tourgee, Joanna's diverse practice includes, but is not limited to, the following areas:
- Personal Injury
- Business and Corporate Litigation
- General Civil Litigation
- Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions
- Real Estate Law
- Divorce/Family Law
- Land Use
- Criminal Defense.
Joanna is licensed to practice law in all Rhode Island and Massachusetts state courts, the United States Federal District Court for the District of Rhode Island, and the United States Supreme Court. She is a member of the Rhode Island Bar Association, the Kent County Bar Association, and the Edward Gallogly Family Law Inns of Court.